Learn how to schedule social media, blog posts, and even emails with this easy to use scheduling tool.
This post includes affiliate codes which earn an income at no cost to you. All opinions are my own.
I came across CoSchedule a few years ago while working at The Cookful. We used it to keep track of all of our article assignments, schedule all of our social, media and as a way to communicate about specific blog posts without sending an email.
If you didn’t know already, I am an entrepreneur at heart. I learned at an early age from my grandfather and father to work hard and build something from the bottom up. Each month I devote a few blog posts to the business side of blogging.
If you are interested in learning more about the behind-the-scenes running of a blog, please check out some of my blogging posts:
- How To Create A Food Blog
- How I Earned $70.40 My Second Month of Blogging
- How I Gained 800 Social Followers My First Month of Blogging
Today I wanted to talk to you a little bit about a scheduling program I use called CoSchedule.
Now you may ask, “Why do I need a scheduling program?”
And I may answer:
You will no longer have to spend hours a week on social media! A few clicks and your social media calendar is done of the month!
Take a look at this informative video by CoSchedule to see all the benefits this scheduling program has to offer:
The program itself is insanely simple to use. And didn’t all those people in the video look extremely happy? Yep, it’s because they are making their social sharing so much easier! (Or maybe they are just happy people!).
Today I am going to show you how to schedule a social media campaign with CoSchedule.
1. First things first, Start your free 14-Day Trial. No credit card needed!
2. Next, go to your calendar screen. This is where the magic happens. I absolutely love the fact that you can look at your calendar from a month perspective. And the best part is you can drag and drop your schedule around, making it easy to change around your social calendar.
3. Add the CoSchedule plug-in to your site. This allows the program to be integrated into your site. You can access the calendar directly from your site now.
4. Click on the blog post you would like to add social shares to. I chose this blog post. (Kinda inception-y isn’t it?) Then edit in wordpress. This takes you to your wordpress post screen where you write the post.
5. Once you have finished writing your post, scroll down your post and you should see a CoSchedule box. Click the + to start your social campaign.
6. This is the fun part; adding in your social media shares!
7. Fill out your social media message. For example, this message is being scheduled to my twitter the same day as the post is published. I like to use the best time feature to schedule my posts. I feel like it gives a good diversity rather than posting at the same time every single day.
8. Fill up your calendar! I like to schedule mine for all of the suggested publishing times which is: the same day, the next day, one week after, and then one month after.
Overall CoSchedule has helped me in so many ways. From tackling my social media, to giving me a place to brainstorm my editorial calendar. Plus it’s price for bloggers is very reasonable!
Have you tried CoSchedule yet? What’s your opinion?